I found Project 2 to be incredibly challenging, starting from story-boarding. As I’m unaccustomed to fully story-boarding an animation, I deliberated in this process more than I would’ve liked as I often would get caught up thinking ahead in terms of how I would be able to achieve certain effects in After Effects.

Following in-class feedback, I decided to change my story. I was also aware of the fact that I had to push forward with getting a story-board completed before I could finish my full set of watercolour assets.

Although I felt like I had a very slow start to the project, I found that, once my assets had finally been collated, I was able to work productively in After Effects without having to go back to change any paintings or scenes too drastically.

I definitely feel that I have a long way to go in terms of After Effects, but I value how much I’ve gained just from going through the process of creating ‘Through the Desert’.